Monday, March 5, 2018

Finding Good Friends

This isn't easy for anyone let alone a special needs parent. I've got a handful of good close friends that I'm in contact with on the daily. Some of them can understand where I'm coming from because they live the same life. The other ones don't understand at all and I don't blame them, they try.

I find as I've gotten older that everyone has their own issues to deal with and when it really comes down to needing someone, people usually aren't there. Very few are and those few don't get forgotten. 

You run into people who live to hear their own voice (gag me), people who will take advantage of your kindness,  people who cheat on their spouses because they're unhappy and don't say anything or try to fix it,  the narcissist who can't stop taking and posting selfies for attention, the bestfriend who doesn't bother to let you know until you've messaged her 30 minutes after she's normally at your place only to be told she's "having an off day".

I don't even know how many times I've heard this line from her :/ And it's fine but at least give me the courtesy of letting me know you're not going to show up when you have been for the past 2 years.

Maybe it's just me but I can manage to care for my two special needs kids AND still make a call or text a message to someone. And "off day" are you kidding me?! lol
Girl doesn't even know what an off day is imo. She's got it pretty damn easy.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Good Friends

This isn't easy for anyone let alone a special needs parent. I've got a handful of good close friends that I'm in contact with o...